Creating Hope Society, The Team Lead
Salary based on Experience
Program Summary: The Creating Hope Society is a Spoke delivering and serving the Family Resource Network HUBS: YMCA North Central, Fort Saskatchewan Families First Society, County of Leduc FCSS and the City of Leduc FCSS.
The goal of the Strengthening Homefires Cultural Support Program is to support our program participants in providing a strength-based approach to enhance families’ capacity by addressing understanding, strength, needs, and goal setting. The program and services are based on respectful dialogue and engagement. A strong focus will be on providing holistic activities that offer social and personal wellness in safe environments.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Family Resource Network HUBS.
- Work regularly with the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
- Communicate regularly with Family Resource Network HUBS.
- Plans, assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of Family/Cultural Support Workers.
- Communicate regularly with the Creating Hope Society Management Team.
- Upon referral of participants from the HUBS, the Team Lead will review and approve case summaries and service plans and designate them to the Family/Cultural Support Worker.
- Assess staff development and learning patterns and performance.
- Assists staff in developing and improving social work and cultural skills.
- Determine procedures for solving problems using sound casework practices
- Hold group and individual meetings and Supervise with the team to discuss assignments, cases in progress, rules, regulations, and policies.
- Maintains quality and quantitative database and work records.
- Attend stakeholder, partner and collaboration meetings.
- Social Work Diploma, Human Services Diploma, or Aboriginal studies with lived experience
- Teachings and experience in traditional language, knowledge, healing practices and wisdom
- Experience working with children, youth and families.
- Experience with case management required.
- Demonstrates practical and historical knowledge of intergenerational trauma, stress and cultural
- insurance and liability coverage
- Driver’s License Abstract required
- Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Intervention Check required
Please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@creatinghopesociety.ca
This competition will remain open until we find a suitable candidate. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.