PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Manager oversees the successful running of an organization’s programs. A Program Manager’s main responsibilities include daily governance of programs to ensure tasks are kept on schedule, managing budgets, and maintaining communication with all program stakeholders.
SCOPE: A Program Manager will coordinate and ensure everything runs smoothly and follows program goals while maintaining a high level of detail for each project to oversee throughout your workday.
- Coordinates and supervises the ongoing provision of quality designated programming and services and ensures that established standards for program service delivery are met.
- Maintain and continue communication with partners, community stakeholders, collaborators
- Overseeing, monitoring and evaluating each program.
- Program staff evaluation
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare proposals and grant applications
- Research funding opportunities for current needs
- Prepare an analysis of program results and recommend improvements for future funding opportunities.
- Other duties as described
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work proactively with little supervision
- Flexible and adaptive to a frequently changing environment
- Taking and giving constructive Feedback
- Strong project management, leadership and organizational skills
- Pay close attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
- BA/ diploma in a Human Services Related field
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of Indigenous Cultural practices
- Sound time management skills and the ability to oversee multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Effective Report Writing skills
- Criminal Record and Child Welfare Checks required
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This competition will remain open until we find a suitable candidate. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.