Creating Hope Society is seeking a Program Assistant for the Indigenous Boys Matter Too! (IBM) program. The Indigenous Boys Matter Too Program Co-hosts Powwow Practices once a week in collaboration with the Let’s Speak Cree Program and Youth Programming once a week. The Program Assistant will work directly with the IBM Coordinator with the delivery of programs and other tasks required to successfully facilitate programs
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The program assistant is knowledgeable in Indigenous Culture which includes: Medicine teachings, gender teachings, pipe-law teachings, medicine wheel teachings and Oskapewis teachings and Indigenous Arts and Craft
- The program assistant is knowledgeable in the modern and historic impacts of Colonialism and how it impacts the lives of our youth, specifically Indigenous boys.
- Co-facilitation of sharing circles and program activities.
- Assist in organizing events, ceremonies, group sessions and caregiver sessions.
- Attend regular events and staff meetings, and provide appropriate community update reporting.
- Provide regular case notes
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
- Keep track of program expenses, mileage and timesheets.
- Post Secondary education or 2 years’ experience preferably in Youth Work or social work.
- Strong organizational skills and ability
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Must have the ability to be a Team
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and
- Must have a reliable vehicle
- Must have a valid Alberta Driver’s License with 2 million insurance and liability
- Must submit a Driver’s Abstract required
- A Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Intervention Check are required.
No phone calls.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or fax your resume to 780-477-7918