We are searching for a highly motivated, organized, forward-thinking and committed person for a full-time summer student position as a Research & Writer Assistant.
CHS (Creating Hope Society) is a nonprofit charitable organization that conducts research and evidence-based solutions and with the end goal of improving outcomes and ensuring equity for Indigenous families and communities. We will also consider the effectiveness of programming and increase understanding of the experiences and needs of Indigenous children and families.
The job generally requires the ability to perform the following duties:
- Must research for Literature review
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Must have traditional and cultural awareness
- Must be able to identify the challenges and provide recommendations
- Maintain a database
- Maximize productivity through the use of appropriate tools and management skills.
- Research, utilize and develop resources that creates a modern and efficient workflow.
- Prepare regular progress updates to the Executive Director.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in communications, journalism, social sciences, administration, arts or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution and a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in communications, public relations, marketing, community development, project coordination, would be a definite asset.
- You will also possess exceptional reading, writing, editing, proofreading, presentation and event planning skills. Knowledge or experience in graphic design, desktop publishing, word processing, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and presentation software applications is an asset.
- Must possess a sound understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture and issues
- Must be returning to school as of September 2020
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax at 780-477-7918
No calls please, only the appropriate candidate will be contacted.