CHS (Creating Hope Society) is a nonprofit charitable organization that works to strengthen, deliver programs and services to families and communities.
We are searching for a highly motivated, organized and creative person for a part-time Behind the Scenes Communication Assistant. The Communications Assistant will work to build positive relationships, attend meetings with partners, collaborators and in-house staff. He/She is also responsible for providing support to the Executive Director and other programming personnel.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create content and engage CHS programs and services on social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter)
- Research potential new funders and sponsors
- Complete online grant application forms and compile information for grant and sponsorship reports
- Serve as a brand ambassador to effectively communicate
- Preparing PowerPoints, newsletter and other documents
- Attend meetings with partners, collaborators and at times with Funders
- Post-secondary degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a communications role
- Knowledge and a strong understanding of a nonprofit sector
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, ability to meet deadlines and objectives, and excellent organizational and planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Efficient in Microsoft
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an ability to remain flexible to changing situations and priorities
This position is a 25 hour week.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Info@creatinghopesociety.ca OR Fax at 780-477-7918. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been selected; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.